In the modern family decoration, many netizens like to choose to decorate their windows and doors with glass. But Xiaobian often heard a friend ask, is plexiglass similar to ordinary glass? Of course not! So what’s the difference between plexiglass and ordinary glass?
With the development and production of glass, there are also ordinary glass and plexiglass, which brings some problems to consumers. Do you choose plexiglass door or ordinary glass door? How do you compare plexiglass with ordinary glass?
The raw material of plexiglass door is plexiglass, and plexiglass is a kind of high polymer transparent material. Its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate, generally referred to as PMMA, which is polymerized from methyl methacrylate. It has many characteristics that ordinary glass does not have, such as:
1. Aesthetics: the appearance of plexiglass door is mirror effect, no seam, no fold, exquisite technology, rich color and strong aesthetics.
2. Transparence: perspex has a very good transparence. It has a transparence of 96% and the light it casts will be soft.
3. Impact resistance: the impact resistance of plexiglass is more than 200 times that of ordinary glass, which is not particularly strong external force, and it will not break or break, so it has high safety.
4. Long service life: the plexiglass can ensure that it will not fade after long-term use, and the service life of the better quality plate is up to 6-13 years.
5. Fire resistance: as the decoration product of the building and home decoration, the fire resistance is necessary, while the plexiglass has good fire resistance, will not occur spontaneous combustion, and even has self extinguishing.
2、 Ordinary glass:
Ordinary glass has a lot of contacts. It is a kind of transparent solid material. Its main component is silicon dioxide, which is a non-metallic silicate material. The ordinary glass of flat plate has the properties of light transmission, sound insulation, heat insulation, wear resistance, heat preservation, heat absorption, radiation prevention, etc. it is often widely used in building doors and windows, walls and interior decoration, etc. But with the appearance of plexiglass with better quality and higher security, there are fewer and fewer ordinary glass doors. However, many people will choose ordinary glass materials for windows.