laser cut acrylic machine,Acrylic laser cutting machine, also known as advertising laser engraving machine, the equipment is not only for acrylic processing, such as the two-color version of the advertising industry, PVC version and other general. There are many types of acrylic materials. There is a big difference between imported and domestic products. Imported plexiglass cuts out very smoothly. Some domestic impurities are too much and will foam. Acrylic cutting generally uses low-speed machines, because the power of the laser tube is not very large, and the precision of the thin material is relatively high. Generally the speed does not exceed 3 m / min.
laser cut acrylic accuracy and requirements
Acrylic laser cutting machines generally have restrictions on the thickness of materials. The domestic laser tube power is generally below 400 watts. The thickness of processed materials is below 40mm. In a broad sense, the power of the laser tube determines the thickness of the material being processed. Sometimes, the customer needs to add paper or film cutting. At this time, the wind cannot be too small, otherwise it will catch fire. The speed and light intensity must match well when cutting plexiglass. The slower the speed, the better the smoothness. Imported high-power lasers are best for plexiglass above 15mm. When plexiglass is used for engraving, use a blow-by air jet cup. Try not to sculpt too deep. It is difficult to sculpt too deep. The greater the gas, the more sculpted the edge effect.
laser cut acrylic equipment features
1. Patented design to quickly change the laser focal length, automatic origin setting function, standard industrial interface, powerful function and stable performance.
2, the control system uses the most advanced DSP controller, mechanical system performance is stable.
3. CO2 lasers with different power can be equipped as standard according to different needs, with excellent performance-price ratio.
4. The three-way reflection system and linear guide structure are adopted to make the light knife run smoothly and the engraving / cutting precision is high.
5. The microcomputer is used to control the operation of the laser machine. The processing area is large, the speed is fast, the process is simple, and the operation is easy.
6. Two sets of high-power laser generation systems are selected. According to the graphics designed in the computer, both the shoe material fabric can be processed in batches at the same time, and the full-width cutting and punching can be performed separately.
7. It adopts double-head mutual-shift electric control moving structure, which can conveniently set the distance between the two laser heads according to the width of the cut fabric, which greatly saves the fabric.
8. The special processing format and crawler-type working platform for shoe materials and fabrics reflect the professionalism of this model in shoe material processing.
laser cut acrylic equipment application
Specific applications include acrylic signboards, plexiglass trophies, luminous character production, crystal character production, plexiglass display stands, transparent cases, packaging boxes, and more.
laser cut acrylic care guide
In the use of acrylic laser cutting machine, for safety protection and efficient production, the most important thing is the daily safety maintenance of the equipment. The following describes the maintenance of important parts of acrylic laser cutting machine. Do the following to make you have unexpected results.
1. Lubricate the linear guide. The laser cutting machine uses a period of time to generate smoke and dust that have a corrosive effect on the guide rail, so it is necessary to regularly maintain the guide rail. Power off the laser cutting mechanism, clean it with a clean soft cloth guide rail, and then drip the lubricant on the guide rail. After the oil is applied, let the slider roll back and forth on the guide rail to ensure that the lubricant enters the inside of the slider. After the oiling, the slider is rolled back and forth on the guide rail. At this time, the guide rail must be installed first. Pay attention not to fix it when installing the guide rail. Install all the nails and keep it horizontal. Then install the lens and adjust the direction of X's direction.
2. Mirror and focusing lens wipe. After using the laser cutting machine for a period of time, the smoke will adhere to the surface of the lens, affecting the cutting depth and the cutting accuracy. Generally, three mirrors and one focusing mirror are carefully wiped clean with anhydrous alcohol in about a week.
3. Grease the bearing. The laser cutting machine uses a large number of bearings. In order to ensure good cutting results, some bearings need to be refueled regularly. Wipe the floating soil on the bearings with a clean soft cloth. Use a needle tube to suck the oil into the needle tube and then slowly inject the needle into the bearing with Just turn the bearing slowly when filling.
4. Timing adjustment of timing belt (belt). There are several timing belts in the drive system of the laser cutting machine. If the timing belt is too loose, ghosting will occur. If the timing belt is too tight, the timing belt will be worn. After using it for a period of time, adjust the tensioning screws of the timing belt to adjust the timing belt to a proper tension.
5. Maintenance of laser tube. The laser tube in the acrylic laser cutting machine is cooled by circulating water. After long-term use, there will be some white scale in the tube. We can add a small amount of vinegar to the circulating water, remove the water from the tube, and then use the clean The inside of the laser tube is washed and washed by water, so that the laser tube will be in the best working state and the life will be extended.
Types of Acrylic
Before beginning to experiment with acrylic in your laser, it's important to understand the different types of this substrate. There are actually two types of acrylics suitable for use with the laser: cast and extruded.
Cast acrylic sheets are made from a liquid acrylic that is poured into molds that can be set into various shapes and sizes. This is the type of acrylic used for most of the awards you see on the market. Cast acrylic is ideal for engraving because it turns a frosty white color when engraved. Cast acrylic can be cut with a laser, but it will not result in flame-polished edges. This acrylic material is better suited for engraving.
The other type of acrylic is known as extruded acrylic, which is a very popular cutting material. Extruded acrylic is formed through a higher-volume manufacturing technique, so it is typically less expensive than cast, and it reacts very differently with the laser beam. Extruded acrylic will cut cleanly and smoothly and will have a flame-polished edge when laser cut. But when it is engraved, instead of a frosted look you will have a clear engraving.
Laser Cutting Acrylic
To achieve the best results when cutting extruded acrylic, you'll want to elevate the material so that it's not touching the cutting table. This will greatly reduce backside reflection and the occurrence of grid marks on the material after being laser cut.
Epilog's Pin Table is the perfect accessory to help you get those perfect cuts on extruded acrylic. This handy device allows you to raise and support your acrylic for better cutting edge quality. The Pin Table incorporates movable pins that can be placed anywhere along the table's grid of one inch (25.4 mm) spaced holes. The acrylic is raised and supported in locations where the laser will not be cutting, which is what helps eliminate backside reflection. The Pin Table also allows you to place pins to support small or intricate parts that would normally fall out of the cutting pattern.
Laser Cutting Speeds
Cutting acrylic is usually best achieved with relatively slow speed and high power. This cutting process allows the laser beam to melt the edges of the acrylic and essentially produce a flame-polished edge.
Today, there are a several acrylic manufacturers who produce a variety of both cast and extruded acrylics that feature different colors, textures, and patterns. With so much variety, it's no wonder acrylic is a very popular material to laser cut and engrave.
Laser Engraving Acrylic
For the most part, laser users engrave acrylic on the back side to produce a look-through effect from the front. You’ll see this often on acrylic awards.
Acrylic sheets typically come with a protective adhesive film on the front and back to prevent it from getting scratched. We recommend removing the protective adhesive paper from the back of the acrylic before engraving, and leaving the protective cover layer on the front to prevent scratching while handling the material. Don’t forget to reverse or mirror your artwork before sending the job to the laser since you’ll be engraving the back side.
Acrylics generally engrave well at a high speed and low power. It doesn’t take much laser power to mark the acrylic, and if your power is too high you’ll notice some distortion in the material.
Which acrylic is best for laser cutting?
Extruded acrylic is ideal for laser cutting because it forms a flame polished edge during the laser cutting process. Common trade names for extruded acrylic are Deglas™, Homalite™, Optix™FG and Solatuf™
How does a laser cutter work on acrylic?
It's a technology centered around high speed and precision. A typical laser cutter connects a computer and works in the X and Y axes. ... With the acrylic sheet in place, the laser will vaporize the solid material, creating a thin, smooth, and glossy surface with extreme precision.
What machine can cut acrylic?
The beam of a laser machine is its universal “tool” for acrylic cutting, and is ideal acrylic processing regardless of the material thickness and shape.
What can a 2000mw laser cut?
The materials that the laser can cut materials like wood, paper, cork, and some kinds of plastics. Etching can be done on almost anything, wood, cardboard, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, marble, stone, tile, and glass.
Is acrylic safe to laser cut?Induflex laser cutter primarily acrylic, which is not harmful to the environment. However, fumes from laser cut acrylic has a distinctive smell that can cause discomfort in the surroundings. ... The result of laser cut PVC sheets are ok, but PVC releases hydrochloric acid when laser cut.
Can I laser cut acrylic?
More importantly, a laser cutter for acrylic is able to achieve extremely intricate cuts with little to no risk of the acrylic breaking. And, when cut with a laser, there is no need to flame polish the edges of your piece; this happens automatically as it's being cut by the laser.
Why is acrylic good for laser cutting?
Laser cut acrylic (PMMA) is ideal for laser processing projects such as illuminated advertisements, signage, point of sales displays and more. Without any additional post-processing, laser cut acrylic results in shiny, flame polished edges. Panels up to a thickness of 25 mm can be cut efficiently and cost-effectively.